BERSTED PARISH FESTIVAL UPDATE
Planning is well underway for this year’s Parish Festival which will be held on the Jubilee Fields (off Chalcraft Lane) on Sunday 15 July 2018. We are fortunate to have agreed major sponsorship for this year’s event which will enable us to deliver a wide range of activities and attractions, particularly for children. Once again our main theme will be live music and we currently expect a 4 ½ hour programme featuring a diverse range of entertainers including the Sussex Steel Band, well-known local band 'Rowdy Yates' and the ever popular Barnham Ukulele Group. The band of the Nautical Training Corps will open the event. Other attractions will include foam pit and giant inflatable slide, kiddie merry go round, bouncy castle, a 30 minute performance by Sussex Twilight Mascots (pseudo Paw Patrol), dog agility displays and (weather permitting) radio controlled aircraft & helicopters of the Chichester & District Model Aero Club. Additionally we will have displays by West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service, stalls, competitions and a wide range of catering & refreshments including a licensed bar. While not an integral feature of the event, it is hoped that several classic & military vehicles will also make an appearance. All proceeds from the event will go to support local charities so please come along and enjoy the day with us..
Stay tuned for more information as the planning unfolds – we aim to make it a fun day for all the family.
To date we have secured the current list of attractions:
- 4 ½ hour programme of live music (11:00 - 14:00; 1430 - 16:00)
- Mini fairground & rides
- Giant bouncy castle, slide & foam pit
- Nissan new car trade exhibition
- Radio controlled aircraft & helicopters demonstration subject to weather & landowner permission (14:00-14:30)
- Raffle & tombola (run by Bersted Parish Council)
- Fire engine & fire safety demo truck
- Dog agility display
- 20 plus assorted arts, craft and charity stalls (and the number is growing)
The catering refreshments plan so far:
- Burgers & hotdogs - Scouts
- Cake stall - WI
- Mobile Bar - external contractor
- Hot & cold snacks - Bersted Parish Council
- Soft drinks - Bersted Parish Council (Cllr Yeates)
- Ice cream stand – Pinks Vintage Ice Cream
Bersted Parish Festival celebrates the parish and its residents. The Parish Council would like to run the festival every year if it is viable.
If you feel you would like to contribute to the success of the festival please contact the Parish Clerk. If you would like a stall at the festival please download the form below and accompanying price list and return it to the Parish Council.
Charitable institutions are unlikely to be charged.
Stall Holder Booking Form
Scale of Charges